Thursday, February 2, 2012

6 more weeks of winter?

That groundhog saw his shadow so 6 more weeks of winter. I have been fine so far with winter time. It has been pretty mild here in north Georgia but I have also been busy with other projects to keep my mind off of the yard. Usually I start planning my yard chores out before Christmas but not this year. Until today...The weather here is absolutely crazy! 67 degrees on February 2nd. And the very first daffodil bloom of the year. I don't think they have ever bloomed this early. I hope we don't pay for this later with a late frost....I WILL cover all my hydrangeas with sheets to avoid no blooms this summer. Anyway, I did enjoy getting outside today. I trimmed all the roses back and deadheaded my hydrangea blooms. I cut Anne belle hydrangea back to 1/2 since she blooms on new wood. That will avoid the blooms touching the ground. However don't cut any other mophead back that far (even endless summer) because your plant will not bloom! Here are a few pics to share...
Lenten rose
Mophead hydrangea

Camellia "general something!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment